Ventura Systems Inc. North America, located in Dallas, North Carolina, is looking for an experienced Field Service Manager.
Ventura Systems is the leading manufacturer of innovative door systems for urban transport. Our products are delivered worldwide to many renowned manufacturers of buses, urban trucks and autonomous vehicles. We focus on development of reliable, safe and state-of-the-art door systems for high intensive use. Ventura Systems improves the functionality of the vehicle, resulting in the best uptime, optimum passenger flow and maximum interior space. For more information visit our website.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Field Service Manager to develop, build and maintain our service organization. You’re responsible for leading the Service Team to provide excellent customer service to our (international) customers and to manage the budgets for all service contracts. The goal is to keep the Service department running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention and to meet their expectations.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee, manage and responsible for coaching and training of service technicians
- Traveling to customer sites and evaluating Field Service Team
- Manage workload, overtime, and overall demand on labor resource planning
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service through maintenance of high quality and integrity at work environments
- Develop strategies for improved efficiency, providing guidance and support to the team
- Maintaining all field rules and responsibilities and ensuring the team adheres to the rules
- Investigate and resolve any issues resulting from substandard performance
- Assist in skill enhancement and performance reviews activities for Field Service Team
- Lead the planning, administration, and quality assurance processes
- Responsible for setting targets and business goals, and working alongside the team to achieve these goals
- Review projects, define the equipment and service scope with customer and sales department.
- Monitor cost and overall profitability of projects
- Supervise mechanical and electrical installation, monitor, and enforce scope as well as manage customer expectations
- Supervise start-up & commissioning of the equipment
- Obtain inspection sign-off, customer sign-off, and monitor final invoicing preparation
- Ensuring all operations stay within the allocated budget
- Improve the overall in- and external collaboration
- Address customer enquiries, resolve issues and obtain customer feedbacks proactively
- Must be able to provide training to customers on-site
YOUR SKILLS, TRAITS & STYLE
- Minimum of 2-5 years of field service management or project management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, management, or a related field
- Must have strong technical ability on electromechanical equipment
- Individual should be able to interact and develop relationships with the sales department, customers, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in use of MS-Office products, especially Word and Excel
- Previous safety and/or hazmat training a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule
- Self-motivated, results-driven, pro-active, and independent thinking
- Dynamic and passionate with a strong teamwork mentality
- On-site position
- Travel +/- 20%
- Training of 2 weeks in the Netherlands
Interested in the function of Field Service Manager? Please contact Sieto Ykema, General Manager, on phone number + 1 704 691 0311 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.